17 Jul Gluten Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This is similar to the recipe for the double chocolate zucchini muffins that is on my website http://khatrinutrition.com/2016/09/01/double-chocolate-zucchini-muffins/ but in this version, there is no gluten. If you are allergic or very sensitive to gluten, make sure to use gluten free certified products for both the buckwheat and the almond flours as well as for the baking powder and baking soda. You will see this loaf is very fluffy and moist when it comes out of the oven making it absolutely delicious. It is however not very sweet and if you prefer your cakes with more sweetness, you might want to increase the sugar a little (perhaps to ¾ cups). I love my snacks with as little sweetness as possible so this is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious cup of green tea during a relaxing afternoon.
Ingredients: 1 loaf
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (cooled)
- 1 ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease a 9” X 5” loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a larger bowl, beat eggs with sugar and oil until the mix is creamy and smooth.
- Add dry ingredients in batches alternating with the milk and without mixing too much.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan smoothing out the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
I like to slice up the loaf and freeze individual slices that we don’t eat immediately so that we have fresh snacks throughout the whole week. Once frozen, I take out a slice at a time and either warm for a few seconds in the microwave for a moist version or toast in the toaster oven.