20 Sep Energy bites with a tropical twist
Yummy Energy bites that remind me of my Hawaii trip. Macadamia nuts, mango and coconut are very popular foods in Hawaii and in these delicious bites, the ingredients are combined to give you a taste of the tropics! These are easy to make and they are a perfect little snack for before or after a workout.
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 7 medjool dates
- 1 cup dried mango
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 18/2 cup cashew macadamia nut butter (http://khatrinutrition.com/2017/09/20/cashew-macadamia-nut-butter/)
- ¼ cup lucuma powder
- Soak the dried mango in lukewarm water for a few minutes (5-10) and drain well.
- Pat dry with a paper towel to make sure they are not too wet.
- Put all the ingredients into the food processor and process.
- You may have to stop pulsing a few times and stir the ingredients with a spoon to make sure the consistence is even.
- Once the mix becomes like a sticky paste (there still will be some chucks), you can stop and form little balls of approximately 1 tbsp. each.
- Refrigerate the bites so that they harden a little and enjoy!