10 Dec Raspberry chia seed jam
This type of jam has been popular in the last few years but I had never tried it because to me, jam contains to much added sugar. But then I thought with the holidays and all how pretty it would be to actually add bright red jam into my oatmeal bowls or to spread it on my toast. And since I’ve been into using frozen fruit for smoothies, I had a package of organic raspberries and I thought, it’s time, I have to make raspbberry chia jam. So I looked it up a little and understood that not many ingredients were needed. There are many recipes out there but not wanting to add too much of anything, I tried a super clean version. Even the sweetener is kept to a minimum. This is delicious and EASY. And the chia seeds add so much fiber to any meal, this jam is really a super food packed with antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C and good fats.
- 2 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon water
- A splash of vanilla
- 1 to 2 tbsp. honey (to taste)
- Put raspberries, chia seeds and water in a small saucepan on medium to high heat and stir until raspberries soften (approx. 3 minutes).
- Turn the heat down and mix in honey.
- Stir for a few minutes while the chia seeds thicken.
- I keep the heat very low so it never boils and after 5-7 minutes it’s done.
- You can use right away while it’s warm and you can refrigerate the rest and it will keep for one or two weeks in the refrigerator.