13 Dec Almond Butter Blondies
These are delicious squares that can be made for dessert if you keep the original quantities of honey and chocolate but I like to make them with little honey and still quite a bit of dark chocolate and they become healthy protein snacks. It’s good to have options. They are extremely easy to make and use few ingredients making them clean healthy treats or snacks.
This recipe has been taken from the website “Elena’s Pantry” and has been modified.
- 1 (500 g) jar natural creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey (the original recipe calls for a full cup so do increase of you like sweeter)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks (the original recipe uses 1 full cup)
- In a large bowl, by hand or with a hand blender, mix almond butter until creamy
- Mix in honey and eggs
- Add salt and baking soda
- Mix well with hand blender or with a spoon until all ingredients are thoroughly combined
- Mix the chocolate chips into the batter
- Pour batter into a well-greased (with coconut oil) 9 x 13 inch baking dish (or if you like thinker squares, you can use 8” X 8” baking tray)
- Scatter some more chocolate chips on top of the batter (this is optional)
- Bake at 325°F for 25-35 minutes (in the larger pan, 25 minutes is the maximum but if using a smaller pan and making thicker bars, you might want to leave for the full 35 minutes). Watch to make sure it doesn’t overcook. The blondies should be slightly golden.
- Cut into squares and serve