22 Aug Golden milk smoothie chia pudding
Wow! This title has a lot of words! It seems like I can’t decide whether this recipe is a chia pudding, a golden milk, or a smoothie? That’s because it’s all three!! To tell you the truth, it started with a smoothie and I was going to mix it in with my chia pudding which I was going to make with coconut milk because that’s my favorite! But, then I thought to myself, the smoothie has coconut milk also and although I love coconut milk, I certainly don’t want to overdo it because I’m all about balance (sometimes). So I thought, why not mix the chia seeds into the smoothie, let it gel for a few minutes and the smoothie becomes the pudding? That’s exactly what I did and it was perfect! I like my smoothies thick anyways and I prefer eating them with a spoon so it really made sense. This smoothie is very tropical and the turmeric is the ingredient that makes it anti-inflammatory. If you don’t like the taste of turmeric, you can leave it out and then it becomes a tropical smoothie.
Ingredients (3 portions)
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana, frozen into chunks
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 2-3 tbsp. cashews
- ¼ cup coconut milk (the creamy part)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- Place all ingredients, except the chia seeds, in a high speed blender.
- Process until you obtain a smooth texture. It should be creamy but if it’s too thick, add a little water.
- Divide the smoothie into 3 small bowls and mix 1 tbsp. chia seeds into each bowl.
- Let sit in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes or longer so that the seeds gel and enjoy!
- It is also possible to mix the all the seeds into the whole quantity of smoothie and to divide into 3 bowls after.