04 Aug Banana nut butter chia pudding
Chia puddings are in. Why wouldn’t they be, they are nutritious, delicious, easy, and especially quick to put together. They are an easy breakfast idea and they can be done with many different variations so you don’t get bored by them. Here is one of the variations that I enjoy. If I think about it the night before, I make it and it chills overnight for extra creaminess but honestly, I often forget and make it the same morning. It chills for 15 minutes in the refrigerator while I make the lunches for the kids and it is just as delicious. Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3, calcium and fibre. They also contain some protein and hence create a good base for a healthy breakfast. One tablespoon per day is an ideal quantity to consume as more than that could cause some intestinal discomfort. It is also important to let them gel in some liquid as per the recipe below so that they can be easily digested.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (white or black)
- 1 tbsp. nut butter (almond, cashew, macadamia, peanut)
- Half a banana mashed
- ¼ cup almond milk (homemade is even better)
- In a ramekin or small Mason jar, mash the banana with the nut butter and mix in chia seeds.
- Add the almond milk and mix.
- Cover and chill at least 15 minutes up to overnight. Once it has chilled for 15 minutes, the chia seeds become creamy.
- Before eating, mix again and enjoy.