19 Sep Date and cashew energy balls
These are a great pre-workout snack because of their high carbohydrate ratio. They are also great as an after workout snack because they do contain some good protein and healthy fats as well as good carbs. They are quick, easy to eat and delicious!!
Ingredients (makes approx 14-15 balls)
- 1 ½ to 1 ¾ cups of pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of raw cashew nuts
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seed butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp. unrefined virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup of raw cacao powder
- Throw all of the above in a high speed blender. Blend until desired texture is obtained. Some people will enjoy these really well blended and smooth and others will prefer to have a more crunchy texture. Once desired consistency is obtained, form in small balls with hands. Refrigerate so that balls become firmer. Enjoy!