02 Dec Hazelnut almond shortbread cookies
These cookies have a special holiday touch because of the hazelnuts which are sometimes a little harder to find. Make sure you toast them in the oven (350 F) for about 10 minutes and then with a clean dish towel, rub them to remove the skins. It can be a messy process but this is how you obtain flavorful and crunchy hazelnuts that will be sure to give an amazing taste and texture to your cookies. Feel free to use less sugar if you don’t like a sweet cookie. As for the egg yolk, I tried to omit it and the cookies were a little too crumbly. These holiday cookies that are made without gluten will be sure to please your loved one.
Ingredients (makes approximately 22 medium cookies)
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 75 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir coconut sugar and melted coconut oil together in order to obtain a creamy texture.
- While stirring, add the egg yolk and mix well so that yolk does not cook with warm oil.
- Add salt and other ingredients and continue mixing. At this point, you can use your hands in order to form dough.
- Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes and with cold dough, form cookies and place prepared sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!