11 Dec Grain free, gluten free banana bread
This banana bread is definitely a treat that can be made for a brunch especially if some guests are allergic to gluten or follow a paleo lifestyle. When surfing the net for a grain free banana bread recipe, there are many recipes with many variations available. This is a combination of ingredients that I find to be delicious, healthy and protein packed. The maple syrup quantity can also be cut down to almost nothing since the banana provide much sweetness.
Ingredients (1 loaf)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tbsp. baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Place bananas in the bowl of a food processor and pulse in order to obtain a relatively smooth texture.
- Add all other ingredients to food processor and pulse again to mix well.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes. The bread will be ready once a toothpick comes out clean.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen and after a few minutes (10-15), turn onto a plate.
- Let cool, slice and serve.
- Individual slices can be frozen for optimal freshness.I always cut into slices and freeze so that I can enjoy whenever I feel like it. I like warming my slice in the toaster oven to get a little crispness. I even enjoy with a spread of homemade ghee. This is an exquisite gluten free snack and it is also packed with protein and calcium because of the almond meal.