18 Dec Holiday healthy chocolate, peanut butter truffles (16 truffles)
During the holidays, an array of sweets is available everywhere we go. It can be difficult to keep healthy and at the same time, it’s not fun to deprive ourselves of everything. I like to make my own sweets so that I can indulge while keeping my body happy. These little truffles offer the perfect combination of sweetness and creamy texture.
Ingredients (16 truffles)
- 10-12 Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 to 3 tbsp. chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. lucuma powder (optional)
- ½ cup of desiccated unsweetened coconut
- Put all above ingredients in the blender except for the dried cranberries, the chocolate chips and the coconut.
- Pulse until it the ingredients come together as dough. The dough might appear to be somewhat dry but once you form balls with your hands, it should hold nicely.
- Before forming balls, add chocolate chips and cranberries and mix with your hands.
- Form balls and roll into the desiccated coconut.