18 Dec Wild Salmon on a bed of wild mushroom cauliflower risotto
Wild salmon is highly superior to farmed salmon when it comes to health and even taste. When we talk about salmon having all these omega-3 fats which are beneficial fats, we are talking about wild salmon. Unfortunately, this type of salmon is not necessarily available year round. But it is possible to get some nice filets frozen and when prepared properly, they are delicious.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 wild salmon fillets, frozen (approx. 115g/ea.)
- 4 tbsp. ghee or clarified butter (you can use regular butter as well)
- 1 ½ cup fresh herbs (marjoram, thyme, oregano, parsley, dill…)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wild mushroom cauliflower risotto
- 1 pack of wild mushroom (14g)
- 1 ½ cup of water
- 1 small cauliflower head
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. ghee, clarified butter or olive oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a glass baking dish, lay the 4 fillets side by side (still frozen) and top each fillet with a little bit of ghee (up to 1 tbsp. per fillet).
- Wash and dry herbs, chop and sprinkle on top of fish.
- Add salt to taste.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. The herbs will become fragrant.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.
- For the cauliflower risotto, soak dried mushrooms in 1 ½ cup of water for approximately 20 minutes.
- In the mean while, seperate cauliflower head in several little florets, taking care to remove the larger stems, wash thoroughly.
- Place the cauliflower in the blender and pulse in order to obtain a rice like texture.
- Remove mushrooms from the water but keep that water for the risotto.
- Chop the re hydrated mushrooms to approximately 1” pieces or even bigger.
- In the pan on a medium high heat, melt a little bit of ghee and sauté the mushrooms for approximately 5 minutes until they become crisp.
- Add the cauliflower and stir to cook. Add a little bit of ghee if needed.
- After approximately 3 to 5 minutes of cooking, add some of the liquid from the soaked mushrooms. Continue to stir.
- When the water evaporates, add the rest slowly and progressively.
- After about 10 minutes, add the parmesan cheese and stir to obtain a creamy consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir chives into risotto.
- Serve topped with the wild salmon.