16 Feb Almond and coconut energy bites
I suggest you make a batch of these over the weekend and come week days, you have these healthy snacks ready to go for afternoon or morning hunger. They are full of fiber and healthy fats. The almonds provide protein as well and my favorite part is that they contain no added sugar but are super sweet because of the dates. And what to say about the coconut, I think these are my new favorite energy bites!!
Ingredients: (20-25 bites)
- 2 cups of medjool dates
- 1 cup large toasted coconut flakes, unsweetened (see picture above)
- 1 cup raw natural almonds
- 2 tbsp. almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 to ½ cup of raw cacao powder
- A small pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- In a large capacity food processor, process all ingredients until desired texture is obtained. I made mine with chunks of almonds for amazing crunch but you can process longer if you prefer them smoother.
- You might have to stop pulsing and mix with a spoon from time to time so that ingredients blend evenly.
- If your food processor is of smaller capacity, you can do in batches.
- Take mixture in your hands (approx. 1 1/2 tbsp.) and roll in the palm of your hands to form a ball. Line the balls on a plate and refrigerate until ready to eat.