24 Mar Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Tahini Miso Curcuma Sauce
Another salad but this time, the sauce steels the spotlight! Healing turmeric paired with gut friendly miso and delicious tahini, this salad will have a slight indian feel and taste. Dark green spinach, chopped up to blend with the yummy sauce and of course sliced red pepper and cucumber for crunch. A small portion of quinoa will give this meal a comforting feel and chopped toasted almonds will add just the right amount of crunchy and of course a good source of protein (along with miso and quinoa). Feel free to add extra veggies or even chick peas for more protein.
Ingredients: (1 portion)
- 3 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced red pepper
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ tbsp. raw almonds
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. miso
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¾ tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ to ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Water to thin out
- In a small frying pan, toast almonds without any oil for a few minutes. You will know they are ready when they start to give out a nice aroma and they are getting darker. Make sure to not burn as this does happen quickly.
- As soon as they are ready, keep aside to cool while you are preparing the salad.
- Thinly slice the baby spinach leaves and put into a large bowl or a plate.
- Add red pepper, cucumber and quinoa to spinach.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl, mix tahini with miso. Add lemon juice, turmeric and pepper and mix with a small whisk or a spoon. Thin the sauce with a little water. Taste and adjust.
- Slice the almonds with a knife and spread onto the salad.
- Mix in the sauce and enjoy!