23 Apr Different coleslaw by Yotam Ottolenghi
This recipe is from the book Plenty More by Yotam Ottolenghi. I changed a few things to make it faster and easier but I was so attracted by the colors and I liked that it was a slaw with a few more veggies than just cabbage and carrots. I also liked the idea of a creamy dressing with a yogurt base to make it lighter. This recipe makes a large amount so it’s good for parties.
Ingredients (serves 6-10 as a side dish):
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 small fennel bulb shredded or thinly sliced
- ¼ of a small head of savoy cabbage
- 1 large radicchio shredded
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 cup dill leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup tarragon leaves, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped toasted nuts such as cashews, almonds, pistachios, pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. mayo (homemade is best)
- 1 ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Mix all vegetables and herbs together in a large salad bowl.
- Mix ingredients for the dressing in another bowl and keep cool until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, mix dressing with slaw. Add nuts and mix again.