02 Jun Banana Almond Butter Soft Serve Nice Cream
Nice cream is such a popular desert or snack going around on the web. I had tried it a few times using different recipes but it wasn’t doing it for me. I was enjoying but it was nothing more than frozen blended bananas. Until I tried the simplest easiest combination and obtained the craziest yummiest treat ever! Frozen bananas and almond butter. It also works really well with sunflower seed butter for someone who has an allergy. The important thing is to use bananas that are really ripe! This will make the treat super sweet and no added sugar is required.
- 3 cups frozen bananas
- 3 tbsp natural almond butter (mine is chunky but smooth would work too)
- When your bananas are very ripe (as shown in picture above), peel them, cut into chunks and freeze in an airtight freezer bag for a few hours.
- When ready to make your desert, put banana chunks into a high speed blender with the almond butter and activate the blender. If you are using the Vitamix which is ideal, you will want to start at a lower speed and work yourself up to the maximum. You will see the bananas turn into a soft serve ice cream pretty quickly. If you are using another type food processor, it might take longer but keep it going until the transformation begins. You might have to open and stir the ingredients with a spoon once in a while.
- If you blender is not large capacity, you can make with 2 cups of banana and 2 tbsp almond butter. Working in batches might be better.
- Serve in ice cream cups and top with your favorite toppings: chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chopped nuts, berries… the sky is the limit!!