02 Jun Greek Yogourt Oatmeal Date Cookies
These cookies are naturally sweetened with dates and because of the Greek yogurt, the rolled oats and the egg, they do offer some protein making them an interested post workout snack. For even more protein, it would be possible to add hemp seeds, chia seeds, or nuts. Making your own snacks is a great way to control what goes into them. You can definitely play around with this recipe to find the cookie that suits your needs.
Ingredients: (makes 11 cookies)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% or more)
- 6-7 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ to 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor (except chocolate chips if using). Make sure dates get all mashed up. Chunks are okay.
- Form into 11 cookies on a silicone mat or parchment paper that is placed on baking sheet (dough is pretty liquid so use a spoon).
- If using chocolate chips, press 5 chocolate chips onto the tops of each cookie.
- Bake at 350F for about 15-20 min or until firm and the tops are slightly browned.