19 Oct Matcha Protein Bites
These matcha protein bites are the perfect snack for after a workout or to tame hunger in the afternoon while keeping energy up. They are easy to make and they are a good way to use protein powder other than in a shake. The matcha is a fun super-ingredient to use as it packs a lot of antioxidants. Be sure to add only at the end though, to not destroy it’s wonderful properties through the blending process.
Ingredients (approximately 20 bites):
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ cup grated unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup large toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder (natural)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. matcha powder
- In the bowl of a food processor, put all ingredients except for the matcha powder.
- Process until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Add matcha powder and process again.
- Form into small balls and refrigerate.*The matcha powder should be added at the end to as not destroy its antioxidant properties.