11 Feb Golden Milk
This drink is very popular these days but if you are not used to spicy beverages, you might find it strange. To me, it is surprisingly comforting and warming. It’s also a filling drink that I like taking as a snack itself, therefore no snack needed to eat along this drink. It contains turmeric powder which is like a miracle ingredients perfect to fight off inflammation, a superfood, a super spice. It’s good for managing cholesterol, diabetes, digestive issues, pain, and the list goes on and on. And it’s packed with antioxidants making it bright yellow! The golden milk is basically a drink that is made with some type of milk, some turmeric powder and a sweetener of choice. Adding pepper is important as it makes the turmeric bioavailable and I like adding other spices as well to make it even tastier. Here is how I make mine:
Ingredients (1 serving)
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- A pinch of black pepper
- ½ tsp. raw honey (or more if you prefer it sweeter)
- In a small pan on the stove top, mix coconut milk with water and heat just until it’s about to start simmering.
- Remove from heat and stir spices into it.
- Add honey and stir well so that it melts into the golden milk