01 Jul Hidden cauliflower smoothie
Cauliflower is very popular these days. From cauliflower rice to cauliflower pizza, it serves as this magical ingredient that helps transform heavier recipes into lighter ones. And adding vegetables is always a good way to add nutrients. Adding it to smoothies is a surprising way to make this breakfast treat so creamy and delicious and surprisingly, it doesn’t taste like cauliflower. The trick is to steam the cauliflower in advance and keep it into the refrigerator or the freezer for quick use. Here is a super simple recipe that I love. This can be served in a glass or in in a bowl with healthy, pretty, and delicious toppings.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 cup steamed cauliflower, cooled (no need to overcook)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen banana chunks
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp. collagen powder (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut milk (the creamy part)
- Water to adjust to desired consistency
- Put all ingredients into the blender and process until you obtain a smooth consistency.
- If eating as a smoothie bowl, add less liquid, pour into a bowl and decorate with desired toppings (homemade granola, cacao nibs, nuts, berries, coconut).
- Divide equally within 2 bowls and decorate with more shredded coconut and pieces of fresh fruit.