01 Jul Roasted cauliflower salad with cherry tomatoes
I love using roasted vegetables to make a salad. Sometimes, it will be a fresh raw salad with greens in which I add a few roasted veggies for garnish but in this case, the roasted cauliflower completey steals the spotlight! This recipe is delicious warm or it can also be served cold. It makes a perfect side dish to a summer barbecue and it can also serve as a light main meal.
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- Sea salt
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- For a complete meal, add slices of grilled chicken (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets and place on a baking sheet with 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Mix well with your hands so that all pieces of cauliflower are well coated and sprinkle with sea salt. Place side to side on baking sheet so that they do not overlap.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cauliflower appears darker on edges and bottom. You can flip them after 10 minutes for more even roasting.
- Once ready, pull out of oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until you obtain a smooth texture.
- Mix warm cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and mint leaves into a bowl. Add dressing and crumbled goat cheese and mix well. For a complete meal, serve topped with sliced grilled chicken (when meal prepping, make extra portions of protein for easy use during the week).
- This salad is also delicious as a side dish during a summer barbecue.