02 Dec Cranberry orange muffins with almond flour
These muffins are easy to make and they are festive with their red cranberries as well as their citrus flavor. Since they are made from almond flour and eggs, they have a high protein content and can be delicious for breakfast as they will sustain you. When your body is tired of eating croissants and sweet buns in the morning, but you still want something special and festive, why not serve these to your guests to make a healthy change. In addition, if you do have a day of skiing or sliding in perspective, they will give you energy.
(adapted from the website “Cook and Eat Paleo”)
Ingredients (9 muffins)
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- The zest of one orange, grated (preferably organic)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. melted butter or melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice (about half of the orange you use for zesting)
- ½ cup or more of fresh cranberries
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 9 muffin cups in a muffin tin with paper liners
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients including orange zest and cranberries.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to moist ingredients and fold to combine all ingredients.
- Fill the muffin cavities to approximately 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.