06 May Baked salmon with crispy herbs
This is funny because I actually made a detailed video of my making of this recipe. And we had technical difficulties, the filming was a bit shaky so I decided not to post. But, the salmon was so delicious! I mean incredibly delicious! I had to share with you! And really, it’s so easy to make. I recommend making this for Mother’s Day! I served mine with roasted sweet potato wedges and crispy roasted asparagus. The funniest part is that because I was making a video and that we wanted to benefit from daylight, we filmed it in the middle of the afternoon and dinner was ready at 4 pm!! It smelled and looked so delicious and I was tempted to dig in.. but we eat at 7- 7:30 these days and so at 4 pm, I wasn’t hungry. So I wrapped it up and reheated it later and it was still incredibly delicious!!!
In my video I was explaining how much I love cooking with fresh herbs. I know some people find it difficult to purchase herbs because they come in big bunches and after you use a little in one recipe, they sometimes get forgotten and go bad. For me, I integrate them in everything I make, they add taste and they are super healthy. In this recipe, you will be using a bunch and the more the better!! And the lemon slices also add such a delicious taste so they are important as well.
Also, for the salmon, you will see the quantity is approximate from 300-500 g. This is because if you are buying your salmon at the supermarket, there are good chances that you may only be able to purchase pre-wrapped salmon. This recipe will work with an approximate quantity in that range and it therefore will serve from 2-3 people. If your salmon is on the smaller range, feel free to use less butter.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 1 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 1 salmon filet approx. 300-500 g
- 3 slices of fresh lemon plus more for drizzling
- 2-3 tbsp. butter, soft but not melted
- 1 handful chopped cilantro (1/2 cup packed)
- 1 handful chopped mint (1/2 cup packed)
- 1 handful chopped dill (1/2 cup packed)
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- Set your oven at 425 degrees.
- Drizzle oil onto a 9 X 13 baking dish (any baking sheet or dish will do)
- Place salmon fillet in the middle of dish, skin side down
- Place the 3 lemon slices on top of the fillet at equal distance from each other
- Break down your butter into little pieces and scatter on top of fish
- Mix the 3 herbs together and top salmon with herbs (herbs go on top of butter and lemon)
- Add salt and pepper to taste (good coarse sea salt makes all the difference)
- Scatter tomatoes around the salmon (some of the butter will melt into the tomatoes and it becomes divine)
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes
Enjoy!! And Happy Mother’s Day