11 Aug Peach Banana Tahini Cardamom Bread
It’s peach season and I’m loving it!! From eating fresh peaches to adding them to salads and even topping my pizza with delicious peach slices, I love how they enhance both savoury and sweet dishes. Since this pandemic has been all about banana breads (although if you look at my website and Instagram I was into banana bread way before this current health crisis), I thought why not bake a peach banana bread? This is what I did and I made a gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy free version so that I could include it to my everyday diet. As you will see, I make a version that is more decadent with maple syrup and chocolate but also make it without these ingredients so that it can be an “added sugar free” version that serves me as a delicious and healthy breakfast. Packed with fiber and delicious flavours, this bread is not only healthy, I love the crunchy texture on the outside and the soft almost fudgy texture of the inside. I love to warm it up and eat it with a dollop of plain yogurt. And the cardamom will be fragrant throughout your kitchen, such a delicious smell.
It’s really important to let it cool completely before removing from the baking dish and before slicing. Because there are so many chunks of peaches and chocolate if you are using, the slices are not easy to cut cleanly. I don’t mind my imperfect slices since it tastes so delicious.
Here is a YouTube Video in which I make this loaf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCWje_2K6f8
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 peach, diced + ½ peach, sliced to decorate
- 100 g chocolate chunks 70% cocoa content (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8 X 5 loaf pan (with coconut oil) and line with a parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and mix in eggs, tahini, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut and almond flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cardamom.
- Mix in diced peach and chocolate if using (keeping 1-2 tbsp. to top the loaf) into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top.
- Decorate with peach slices on top and the extra chocolate chunks as shown in photo.
- Put into the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cut slices and enjoy for breakfast with some plain yogurt and nut butter or for a decadent dessert with some vanilla ice cream or delicious dairy free coconut ice cream.