16 Feb Healthy Double Chocolate Banana Bread
I’ve been having a difficult time accumulating enough bananas to make different recipes with bananas!! We’ve been making smoothies every morning and using bananas for them so we are always out of bananas. Recently, I’ve been going to the supermarket a lot because it feels like I am always missing ingredients. I have made it my duty to purchase bananas every time I set foot into the supermarket and I have finally succeeded in having a good stash of ripe bananas on my counter!!
To celebrate, I am making this delicious double chocolate banana bread for my family. As always, I use healthy ingredients to make a treat that is delicious but that doesn’t contain too much sugar and no additives of course. I’m also using whole-wheat flour to make it fiber full.
The comments were extra good! My husband called it insane!!!
Hope you enjoy it:) Let me know if you do make it. Tag me on Instagram
And I promise to not say the word banana for the rest of the day:)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3.5 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small to medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- In a larger bowl, with a whisk, mix coconut oil and coconut sugar well. Add eggs one at a time mixing well. Add vanilla and mashed bananas. You can do this with a hand beater or in the mixer but I just do it by hand.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until well incorporated. Add chocolate chips and fold the mixture once again. You do not want to over mix.
- Pour into a well-greased 8 X 5 bread pan and put into the oven for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour. Test with a toothpick making sure it comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool and slice to your liking.